Sunday, April 14, 2013

Poetry Flocabulary

Flocabulary - Allusion


Allusion Examples in Rap

I’m full strength like a Cyclops‘s eye drops,
I got support like high-tops.
- Ugly Duckling, Left Behind.
“The side lines is lined with casualties
Who sip the life casually, then gradually become worse
Don’t bite the apple, Eve” -Jay-Z
“Now who’s the boss? Not Tony Danza.” -Malik B of the Roots
“Coming from the deep black like the Loch Ness,
now bring apocalypse like the Heart of Darkness.” - Talib Kweli
“My rep grows like the nose of Pinocchio,
Just because I’ve mastered the art of braggadocio.” -Akrobatik
“This is the point of no return and nobody can stop it
Malcolm Little when he knelt before Elijah Muhammad
The comet that killed the dinosaurs, changing the earth” -Immortal Technique
“Tonedeff’s slays giants,
as if my legal name’s David.” -Tonedeff
“But now we’re facing more poverty,
It’s the most we’ve seen since 1993.
We need to turn this thing around: Michael Vick,
But a recession could be headed for a double dip.” – Flocabulary’s September 16, 2011 Week in Rap



Hip-Hop Personification Examples

“The new moon rose high in the crown of the metropolis, shining! Like ‘who on top of this?’” -Mos Def
“I woke up energized,
My clock speaking,
Closet door open,
My clothes looking at me,
Fresh kicks sleeping” -Median
“Love is blind” -Eve
“Hip-hop is dead.
Hip-hop just died this morning,
And She’s dead.” -Nas




Hip-Hop Alliteration Examples

“Furious, phat, fabulous, fantastic/
flurries of funk felt feeding the fanatics”" -Blackalicious
“The crime pays little but the consequence is costly” -Jay Electronica
“I’m a twenty ton terror on top of Tokyo towers with two titanium tentacles” -NoCanDo


No comments:

Post a Comment